Contest Rules and Information:
- Open to all Wellborn dealers and their designers. Only one designer’s name per project may be used. The designer may be a direct employee of the dealer or a sub-contractor designer. The contest award winning money is issued to the “Designer”. Entries may only contain Wellborn Cabinetry in the project.
- All entries must be received via the online submission process by December 1, 2023. Winners will be announced on or before March 31, 2023. For more information visit www.wellbornandyou.com or call (800) 762-4475 and speak to your Customer Service Representative
- All submitted spaces must be complete with all products and accessories installed.
- Must be a showroom display, not a residential space.
- Submit high-resolution photos of the completed project in 300 dpi. Multiple views are required (up to 10 per room, no less than 3). Professional photography is preferred.
- There is no entry fee. Each project submitted should include an online entry form. All questions on the entry form must be completed. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Any information that could identify the firm or designer must be removed and/or blacked out on all submitted materials, except for the entry application.
- The contest will be extended if a minimum of 30 approved entries per category are not received by the deadline.
Each entry must include the following items:
- Submission Form Completed
- Photography that meets contest requirements
- Photography Publication Rights Form Completed
- Design Statement Optional (0-350 word)
- Design Statement to Include:
- Design Concept
- How does the display meet storage needs
- Bullet points are preferred over paragraph
- Design Statement to Include:
- Wellborn has appointed a panel of judges with years of experience, as well as NKBA accreditation. Your project will be judged on aesthetics, safety and functionality provided to the homeowner.
- Contest entries will be evaluated and scored on 5 main criteria:
- Safety & Ergonomics
- Elements & Principles of Design
- Design Planning
- Projects with an obvious disregard for the health, safety or welfare of the clients will be disqualified. Judges consider the NKBA Kitchen & Bath Planning Guidelines in scoring this area.
- Judges are not eligible to enter the competition in the year of their service.
Failure to comply with any submission rules is grounds for disqualifying the project entered. Projects that have
been published in a national publication do not qualify for participation. Separate entry forms must be
completed for each project. Wellborn reserves the right to disqualify an entry at any point in the competition.
Upon Submission, Wellborn will retain exclusive rights to use all photography for any purpose, including, but not limited to, printed materials, ads, websites, Design Gallery, or editorial placement, all at Wellborn’s sole and absolute discretion, in perpetuity. Wellborn also may, at its sole and absolute discretion, permit the Designer and any Wellborn Dealer to use such photography for printed materials, ads, websites, editorial placement, and the like, but only after written authorization from Wellborn.
For each submission, a Photography Publication Rights form must be completed in order to be eligible to enter the contest.
How to Submit Projects:
Entry Forms and photographs must be received by December 1, 2023 via our online submission process. Please visit www.wellbornandyou.com, go to Sales and Marketing, and click on the contest link. You may also save your entry to submit at a later time. Once an entry has been submitted, it can no longer be edited. If you have additional questions about the contest, please contact your Customer Service Representative.
All photography must meet the following requirements:
- Photo taken with a camera that has a minimum of 7.2 megapixels
- All digital photographs submitted must be in a 300 dpi (dot per inch) resolution portrait or landscape format.
- Project Type: Remodel before photos can be submitted in 72 dpi, but photos must be 5000 pixels or greater in either width or height.
- NOT to contain people
- NOT to have digital camera time/date stamps
To obtain the highest quality photographs from your digital camera, please set the Quality setting to High or Super Fine and the Image Size on Large. For technical camera assistance, please refer to your camera Instruction Manual or contact your camera’s Technical Support Services.